East Nottingham Friends Meeting

East Nottingham Friends MeetinghouseA meeting for worship was first established at East Nottingham in 1709, and a preparative meeting in 1715 under what was then called Newark Monthly Meeting (later renamed to Kennett). The meeting was placed under the care of New Garden Monthly meeting in 1718 unitl 1730 when it was set off as Nottingham Monthly Meeting. In 1819, the Nottingham meetings were transferred to Baltimore Yearly Meeting.

Modern day Notingham Monthly meeting still uses this meetinghouse regularly.

The graveyard at East Nottingham is often confused with the Rosebank cemetery along the same road, but they are two distinctly different burial grounds.

Brick Meetinghouse Road, Rising Sun, MD 21911